ALGA, with the support and mobilization of its partners, namely United Cities and Local Governments (UCLG) and UCLG Learning, and MILE, as an anchoring institute of ALGA in Southern Africa, have decided to set up Training of Trainers on Localizing the SDGs and Territorial Planning, dedicated to enable and capacitate participants from Ghana and the entire West Africa Region.
The Training of Trainers session on localizing SDGs will be held in Accra, Ghana from April 24-26, 2019 at the Ghana Institute of Management and Public Administration (GIMPA) Executive Conference Center, the anchoring Institute of ALGA in West Africa.
The main objective is to train a third cohort of trainers from Ghana and the West Africa Region on localizing the SDGs and territorial planning, whose mission will be to disseminate this training offer in Africa.
The Training of Trainers program will be based on Learning Modules 1,2 and 3 developed by UCLG, UNDP, UN-Habitat and the Barcelona Metropolitan Government and cover the following topics:
- Introduction to the SDGs and their localization.
- Advocacy and awareness raising for the SDG localization process;
- Reporting and monitoring of the SDG localization process;
- Development planning and SDG localization;
- The way ahead: How to organize your own SDG training.
Furthermore, a technical field visit will be conducted and an additional session on facilitation skills will be part of the program.
a) Pedagogical Training fees :
500 Euros per person
This will include:
- The toolkit
- 3 days of training
- Meals and accommodation at the Executive Conference Center of GIMPA
b) Other Cost to be borne by participants:
– International travel cost (round trip travel to Accra).
The full presentation of the trainings is available here
The register form is available here