UCLG Africa will hold the 22nd session of its Executive Committee on November 09, 2019 (9:00) at the Onomo Hotel in Durban, South Africa. The meeting will be held as a prelude to the UCLG World Congress that will take place from November 11-15, 2019 in the city of Durban. The session will adopt the 2020 budget of UCLG Africa and discuss African participation in the UCLG World Congress.
We recall that Africa is contesting for the position of UCLG president for the 2019-2022 term. The candidate who represent Africa for this position is Dr. Mohamed Boudra, Mayor of Al Hoceima, Morocco, President of the Moroccan Association of Local Governments (AMPCC) and Vice president of UCLG Africa for North Africa Region.
The following leaders of UCLG Africa be participating in this meeting:
– Mr. Léandre Nzué, Mayor of Libreville (Gabon), President of UCLG Africa.
– Rev. Mpho Moruakgomo, President of BALA (Botswana), Vice-President of UCLG Africa for the Southern Africa Region;
– Mr. Mohammed Boudra, President of AMPCC (Morocco), Vice-President of UCLG Africa for the North Africa Region;
– Mrs. Soham El Wardini, Mayor of Dakar (Senegal), Vice-President of UCLG Africa for the West Africa Region;
— Mr. Uwimana Innocent, President of RALGA (Rwanda), Vice-President of UCLG Africa for the East Africa Region;
– Mrs. Dao Macoura, Mayor of Foumbolo (Côte d’Ivoire), President of REFELA (Network of Locally Elected Women of Africa);
– Ms. Thembisile Nkadimeng, President of SALGA (South Africa);
– Mr. Jean Pierre Elong Mbassi, Secretary General of UCLG Africa.
Following the morning meeting of the Executive Committee, UCLG Africa’s Pan-African Council meeting will be held at the same venue from 3pm. Participants in the Pan-African Council meeting will focus on the activities of the UCLG Congress and the organization of the Africities 2021 Summit in Kisumu, Kenya.
As a reminder, UCLG Africa’s Executive Committee is the body in charge of the political leadership of the organization. The Executive Committee is comprised of 16 members, 15 members equally representing each of the 5 regions of the continent, (3 for each of the 5 regions), plus the President of the Network of Locally Elected Women of Africa (REFELA). UCLG Africa’s Pan-African Council is made up of forty-five (45) active members, nine (9) for each African sub-region.
For more information, please contact:
Gaëlle Yomi: Phone: + 212 610 56 71 45
Visit our website : www.uclga.org