We, the participants of the second African Forum of Territorial Managers and Training Institutes targeting Territorial Governments, organized from 25 to 26 April 2018 in the city of Saidia, on the initiative of the African Local Government Academy (ALGA) of United Cities and Local Governments of Africa (UCLG Africa) and with the support of the Oriental Region, representing Ministers, Presidents of Associations of Territorial Authorities, Mayors and Local Elected Officials, Presidents and Directors of Training Institutes, Professionals of Territorial Governments, civil society and private sector organizations as well as the general public,
* Welcoming the undeniable efforts of the Kingdom of Morocco for the building of African Unity, the promotion of
the Values of Peace and Solidarity, the support of South-South Cooperation and regional integration;
* Appreciating the efforts of the Kingdom of Morocco in favor of Decentralization and Territorial and Local Development, through the implementation of Advanced Regionalization, thereby demonstrating its confidence in the contribution of territorial governments to peace, stability, development and progress of the country and to the well-being of citizens;
* Recognizing the essential and active contribution of the Kingdom of Morocco to the development of South-South Cooperation, particularly between African countries, through inter alia, the promotion of decentralization and local development on the continent, the hosting of the Headquarters of UCLG Africa and its African Local Government Academy (ALGA) in Rabat, and the hosting of many missions of the African countries wishing to draw inspiration from the Moroccan experience in the field of decentralization and local development, among other structuring reforms;
-Aware that this undeniable progress that would not have been possible without the enlightened leadership and political will of His Majesty King Mohammed VI, supported by an unshakeable passion for the African continent and a positive vision of its role in the world of today and tomorrow,
* Express our sincere gratitude to His Majesty King Mohammed VI – May God Protect Him – for His tireless work for the sustainable development of Africa and the promotion of Pan-African Cooperation and Solidarity;
* Humbly ask His Majesty for His support for keeping the issue of building the capacity of Human Capital of Local Governments in Africa on top of the priorities of the political agenda in Africa;
* Call the particular attention of His Majesty on the development, influence and support role of UCLG Africa and ALGA in order to sustain the effort of empowering local and regional governments of the continent to fully deliver on their mandates and contribute to the implementation of Agenda 2063 of the African Union.
* Renew our encouragement to His Majesty to persevere in the efforts to implement and consolidate Advanced Regionalization in Morocco, as well as the unity, integration and cooperation in Africa; and
* Pray God Almighty to grant Him wisdom and fairness in the conduct of His Kingdom and His people, and in the exercise of His leadership in the service of structural transformation, economic and political integration and the sustainable development of Africa.
Done in Saidia, on Thursday 26 April 2018
Participants in the 2nd African Forum
Territorial Managers and Training Institutes targeting Territorial Governments in Africa