On 18 October 2016, UCLG Africa will organize, in partenership with the European Union, a side event within the Habitat III Conference, which will take place in Quito, Ecuador, from 17 to 20 October 2016.
The side event will focus on the challenge of human capital in local governments under the theme: “Human Resources in African Local Government: Time to Act is now!”
Aware of the importance of strengthening the capacity of local governments, UCLG Africa created the African Local Government Academy (ALGA) to help reinforce the managerial capacities of elected officials and improve the professionalism and skills of senior staff of African Local Governments.
The participants to Habitat III conference are requested to confirm their presence at this side event by sending an email to: email@example.com Attention: Ms. Fatima Razouki with a forward to Dr. Najat Zarrouk firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, 10 October 2016.
The panelists expected to take part are:
- -Mr. Jean Pierre Elong-Mbassi, Secretary General of the UCLG-A;
- -Dr. Zarrouk Najat, Director of ALGA and member of UN Committee of Experts on Public Administration – Morocco;
- -Dr. Samson Kassahum, Ethiopian Civil Service University (ECSU) – Ethiopia;
- -Mr. Wahir Justin SOME, Director of the Centre International de Formation des Acteurs Locaux of (CIFAL) Ouagadougou, Burkina-Faso;
- -Dr. Abdulai Darimani, Director of the Institute of Local Government Studies (ILGS) – Ghana;
- -Mr. Mpilo Ngubane, Municipal Institute of Learning (MILE eThekwini Municipality) – Durban, South Africa;
- -Mr. Aloysius Bongwa, Special Advisor of ALGA;
- -Mr Mohammed ABDELLAOUI, Vice-President of the Internationale University of Rabat (UIR) – Morocco.
The presentation of the session and the agenda of the side event are available here.