The Pan-African organization, United Cities and Local Governments of Africa (UCLG Africa), the representative organization of the African local authorities and the regional chapter of the World organization, United Cities and Local Governments (UCLG), is looking for an Assistant to its ALGA Director located in its headquarters in Rabat, Morocco.
Under the supervision of the African Local Governments Academy Director, the Assistant will have the following functional responsibilities:
1) Provide general support to the Director of ALGA in the exercise of her responsibilities.
2) Prepare and organize the tasks and duties of the Director.
3) Run the work of the secretariat of the ALGA Department.
4) Ensure an interface between the Director, the Anchor Institutes of ALGA, the Regional offices, and the partners of UCLG Africa.
5) Ensure the secretariat of the coordination meetings of the ALGA Director, produce and disseminate the reports under the Director’s responsibility.
6) Carry all other tasks requested by the Director in connection with the activities of the ALGA and of UCLG Africa generally.
The Assistant to the African Local Governments Academy (ALGA) Director must demonstrate the following required abilities and skills:
•Good command and use of computers and the usual standard, of the Internet, the social networks and their main applications.
•Excellent communication and good oral and written presentation skills.
•The ability to work under pressure and in a multicultural environment.
•A sense of initiative and responsibility.
•A strict ethical behavior.
•A sense of organization.
In addition, he/she have to:
•Be practical and professional.
•Be willing to learn.
•Be willing to travel frequently.
The position is open to African candidates who hold at least an undergraduate university degree in Political Science / Law / Economics / International Relations and have at least 3 years of relevant experience. Female candidates are especially encouraged to apply.
Interested candidates must include a cover letter; a detailed CV, certified copies of the degrees; work certificates, professional references and a photo ID to their application file and send it to the addresses mentioned in the Terms of Reference attached here
The submission deadline is November 30, 2016, at 17:00 GMT
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted by UCLG Africa.