Within the framework of the implementation of the Memorandum of Understanding signed on August 2017, between UCLG-Africa and the Fondazione ROMUALDO DEL BIANCO and its International Institute of Life Beyond Tourism (II LBT); UCLG-Africa and II LBT decided and agreed to organize a Special Intensive Course Training of Trainers on “Life Beyond Tourism”, from 12 to 15 February 2018 (4 days) in Florence, Italy.
To achieved this goal, a call for expression of interest is launched and implement on behalf of UCLG Africa by its African Local Government Academy (ALGA). It falls within the framework of the ALGA activities and offer of training, especially the creation of a College on Tourism, Heritage, and Intercultural Dialogue ; , in the process of implementing the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), especially the SDG 11: Make Cities and Human Settlements inclusive, safe, resilient and sustainable).
The purpose of this initiative is to train participants on how to master the “Life Beyond Tourism” Model, and once back home, they can disseminate this Model as well as to implement directly on site and get updating periodically.
The intensive Life Beyond Tourism Training of Trainers course represents a 4 days (30 hours) high-level professional preparation for education, tourism and heritage professionals willing to upgrade their specialization with the fundamentals of the philosophy and movement Life Beyond Tourism®. This course is delivered in English as a first step.
The participants benefit from a special rate (200 Euros per person instead of 1.175 Euros).
Costs to be borne by participants in the Training course:
– International travel cost (round trip travel to Florence, Italy), accommodations, daily subsistence allowance, and transport inside Florence;
– Any insurance associated with travel, hospital, and medical care that participants may need while participating in the training must be borne by participants or their Institution;
– Visa application (UCLG-Africa and its Partner will make sure to facilitate this process).
Applicants need to submit :
– A detailed Curriculum vitae and picture;
– A brief presentation of the organization;
– Contact information (full name and address, country, telephone numbers, email address, website (if any) and contact person;
– Official letter of authorization from the hierarchy of the participant (in the case of employees and civil servants).
The Expression of Interest must be submitted in electronic format to UCLGAfrica, ALGA no later than 05 February 2018 to the following email addresses:
– Mrs. Lova RAMILIJAONA, Officer in charge of Pedagogical and Academic Affairs E-mail: Lramilijaona@uclga.org
– Ms. Wafae BOUMAAZ, Officer in charge of Studies: E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
– With a copy to Dr. Najat ZARROUK, Director of ALGA E-mail: email@example.com
Please note that UCLG-Africa/ ALGA will only contact those selected for the final process.
Read the full Call for Expression of Interest below