The 12th meeting of the UCLG Africa Executive Committee took place in Tangiers, in the North of Morocco, on 6-7 April 2015.
The meeting was attended by all members of the Executive Committee, except the Federation of Tunisian Cities, which sent its apologies. The official opening ceremony gathered several elected representatives of local and central Moroccan administration, namely, the representative of the Minister of Interior, Mr. Wali Bencherifa, General Director for Local Government and the Mayor of Tangiers, Mr. Fouad El Omari, President of the National Association of Local Government of Morocco (AMPCC).
The President of UCLG Africa, Mr. Khalifa Ababacar Sall, Mayor of Dakar City, Senegal, expressed his admiration for the city of Tangiers and he insisted on congratulating His Majesty the King of Morocco, Mohammed V, on His determination to launch the process leading to the implementation of the advanced regionalization.
The official opening session was followed by a Press conference attended by local and national media.
The proceedings of the executive committee meeting went on in the afternoon with the following agenda items:
1. Adoption of the report of the 11th session of the executive committee held on 13 October 2014 in Johannesburg and on the implementation of its resolutions and recommendations;
2. Activity report of the general secretariat from October 2014 to March 2015;
3. Approval of the 2014 accounts;
4. Report on the preparation of the 7th Africities Summit in Johannesburg;
5. Report on the preparation of the UCLG-A general assembly;
6. Report on the Resolutions Africa Conference;
7. The status of the strategic partnership between the European Union Commission and UCLG Africa;
8. Any Other Business.
For further information on the 12th meeting of UCLG Africa Executive Committee, you can read the detailed report here.