During the latest Regional seminar that United Cities and Local Governments of Africa (UCLG Africa) held in Entebbe, Uganda, from 05 to 07 September 2015, the mayors and local representatives who took part in the seminar seized the occasion to express their views about the most pressing issues that they face.
All the participants agreed on the importance of the issues addressed during this seminar such as the African Charter on the Values and Principles of Decentralization, Local Governance and local Development, the Africities Summit coming ahead on the 29 December and the state of decentralization in their respective countries.
The videos are of:
- •Mr. Frederick Gume; President of ULGA/ President of Eastern Africa Region-UCLG Africa.
- •Mr. Iman Icar; Deputy Mayor- Mogadishu.
- •Mr. Philothues Mbogoro; Coordinator of Tanzania cities Network.
- •Mr. Jean Baptiste Kirimwinzigo; Executive Director of Burundi’s Association of local representatives (ABELO).
- •Mrs. Evalyne Ikwii Omasaja; Program Director, Kenya Association of county Governments (KACG).
- •Mrs. Jacqueline Moustache-Belle; President of Association Districts of Victoria, Seychelles.
- •Mr. Mustapha Chamsoudine Dada; 1st Deputy Mayor, city of Moroni, Comoros.
- •Mrs. Renilde Manariyo; Network of Locally Elected Women in Africa Representative.
All the videos are available here.
Press Review of the 3rd UCLG Africa Seminar in Entebbe available here.