UCLG Africa signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with The American University in Cairo (AUC), on 29 April 2018.
The MoU was signed by Mr. Jean Pierre Elong Mbassi, UCLG Africa Secretary General and Dr. Ehab Abdel-Rahman, Provost of The American University in Cairo (AUC).
The MoU shall provide a generic framework for AUC and UCLG Africa, to promote joint activities, training programs, share lessons learnt and build communities of practice, exchange knowledge, experience, tools and documentation in the area of Public Administration, Governance, Local Governance and capacity building.
The parties have agreed to cooperate in the following areas :
- Sharing good practices, knowledge, tools, and organizing joint conferences, seminars, round tables discussions and workshops ;
- Developing mechanisms for participation and interaction at one another’s events, especially those related to Local Governance and Local Development ;
- Sharing information through access and exchange of each organization’s professionnal publications ;
- Organizing seminars of international experts in areas mutually agreed upon by parties ;
- Falicitating the identification of subject-matter experts from both institutions’ Rosters of exprts, when necessary and for projects and activities of common interest ; etc.
The evaluation of the implementation of the MoU provisions will be lead on behalf of UCLG Africa by the Director of the African Local Government Academy (ALGA), Dr. Najat ZARROUK and on behalf AUC, Dr. Shahjahan Bhuiyan.