Training of Trainers Course on Life Beyond Tourism
In the framework of the implementation of the Memorandum of Understanding signed between the Italian Foundation Romualdo Del Bianco-Life Beyond Tourism and the United Cities and Local Governments of Africa (UCLG Africa), an intensive Course Training for Trainers on Life Beyond Tourism was organized by the International Institute of Life Beyond Tourism (IILBT), in coordination and collaboration with the African Local Governments Academy (ALGA) of UCLG-Africa, in Italy, Florence, from 12 to 15 February 2018.
13 participants from 10 Countries (Angola, Germany, Ghana, Mauritania, Morocco, Russia, South Africa, Tanzania, Togo, and Tunisia) took part in this course.
The Seminar was marked by the welcoming speech of H.E. Mr Paolo Del Bianco, President of the Foundation Romualdo Del Bianco and the IILBT who presented the origin, the philosophy and the concept of Life beyond Tourism (LBT).
Seven lectures were presented on:
– Travel and Dialogue;
– World Heritage Sites for Dialogue;
– Tourism : Risk and Resource;
– Heritage for Planet Earth;
– Intermediation, Visibility, Communication of Sites : LBT Model and its Best Practices, Benchmark (22 Sites identified and analysed around the World), Online Platform, Photo Contest Awards;
– Learning Communities for Intercultural Dialogue;
– Strategies of Teaching LBT: the Glossary of LBT, the Bibliography of LBT, Delivery of didactic materials, Course evaluation tools for students/participants, Course evaluation report for Teachers.
At the end of the four days of training, the participants received “Trainer Life Beyond Tourism” Certificates.
The President of the Foundation, as well as the Director of the IILBT and Staff have expressed their strong willing to support UCLG-Africa on the creation of an UCLG-Africa Life Beyond Tourism online platform with a monopoly for the UCLG-Africa.
UCLG-Africa committed to disseminate and inform on the online platform “Photo Contest”, by encouraging African youth to apply for the Awards of the Foundation, while on the mid and long terms, UCLG-Africa can design its own platform.
The Foundation and the Institute shared with participants all the pedagogical tools and materials and express their will to support, for example the translation of documents, mobilization of trainers, and support to pilot projects, etc.
The results of this collaboration will be presented and shared during Africities Summit 8 (Marrakech, Morocco, 4-8 December2018).