UCLG Africa is hiring an Assistant to the UCLG Africa-East Africa Regional Office (EARO) Director.
The assistants will be responsible for:
1. Providing general support to the Office Director in the delivery of his responsibilities.
2. Preparing and organize the missions and appointments of the Office Director.
3. Executing the secretarial work for the Regional Office.
4. Ensuring the interface between the Office Director, Office staff, UCLG Africa Secretariat, as well as the Regional Office and UCLG Africa partners.
5. Organizing the Regional Office coordination meetings, producing and disseminating their minutes under the responsibility of the Office Director.
6. Ensuring any other missions and tasks in relation with the position as may be asked for by the Office Director.
The candidates to this position must:
1. Be computer literate in main current software applications.
2. Have excellent communication skills, oral and written presentations capacities: candidates shall be fluent in English and French; working knowledge of Swahili or Arabic is an advantage.
3. Have the ability to work under pressure and multicultural environment.
4. Have a sense of initiative and responsibility.
5. Show accountability and strict ethical behavior.
6. Have networking skills.
7. Have a good sense of organization.
8. Master Internet, websites, social networks, and current editing software tools.
9. Be practical, with a good business sense.
10. Be willing to learn.
11. Be talkative and easy to approach.
12. Be willing to travel frequently.
Interested candidates must send their application file containing a motivation letter stating the reasons for application and expected salary package, a detailed CV, certified copies of diplomas, work certificates and professional references and an ID photo to email@example.com before December 14, 2015, at 17:00 (GMT).
NB: Candidates who have previously applied for this position must resend their application file to firstname.lastname@example.org.