A delegation of the French Agency for Development (AFD), including Mr. François Tirot, Head of the Division “Local communities and urban development” and Ms.
Marie Bjornson-Langen, project manager, attended working sessions at the Headquarters of UCLG Africa in Rabat, Morocco, within the framework of a preparatory mission for a structured partnership with the Panafrican Organization.
These meetings, which were held from 29 to 30 April 2013, aimed at presenting the actions and strategic orientations of UCLG Africa as well as their context of intervention in order to identify areas of common interest and to understand the expectations of the organization vis-à-vis the AFD within the framework of a strategic and structured partnership that goes beyond the ad hoc partnership.
Four highlights marked this mission:
– A working session of the Delegation of AFD with UCLG Africa, the afternoon of April 29;
– A working session of the Delegation of AFD with the Committee on Local Finance for Development (CLFD) of UCLG, the afternoon of April 29;
– A working session of the Delegation of AFD with the NGO Echos Communication, on the initiative of the territorial coaching project, regarding its concrete implications, the afternoon of April 29;
– A field visit took place in the city of Salé, on the site of a territorial coaching project, the morning of April 30
- 17th SESSION OF THE EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE OF UNITED CITIES AND LOCAL GOVERNMENTS OF AFRICA (UCLG Africa)
- CNBC Interview with Secretary General Mr. Elong Mbassi
- FMDV releases a new publication on Subnational Pooled Financing Mechanisms
- Territorial Coaching Forum in Nador, Morocco
- Retreat and Campus of the UCLG network