The Pan-African organisation, Cities and Local Governments of Africa (UCLG Africa), the representative organisation of African local authorities and the regional chapter of the World Organisation of United Cities and Local Governments (UCLG), is looking for an Assistant to its Program Directorlocated in its headquarters in Rabat, Morocco.
Under the supervision of the UCLG Africa Program Director, the Assistant to the Program Director will have the following functional responsibilities:
- Provide general support to the Program Director in the exercise of his or her responsibilities
- .Prepare and organize the tasks and duties of the Director.
- Run the work of the secretariat of the Programs Department.
- Ensure an interface between the Program Director, the Regional offices, and the partners of UCLG Africa.
- Ensure the secretariat of the coordination meetings of the Programs Department, produce and disseminate the reports under the Director’s responsibility.
- Carry all other tasks requested by the Director in connection with the activities of the Programs Department and of UCLG Africa generally.
The Assistant to the Program Director must demonstrate the following required abilities and skills:
- •Good command and use of computers and the usual standard, of the Internet, the social networks and their main applications.
- •Excellent communication and good oral and written presentation skills.
- •The ability to work under pressure and in a multicultural environment.
- •A sense of initiative and responsibility.
- •A strict ethical behavior.
- •Networking skills.
- •A sense of organization.
In addition, he/she have to:
- •Be practical and professional.
- •Be willing to learn.
- •Be friendly.
- •Be willing to travel frequently.
The position is open to African candidates who hold at least an undergraduate university degree in Political Science / Law / Economics / International Relations and have at least 3 years of relevant experience. Female candidates are especially encouraged to apply.
Interested candidates must include a cover letter; a detailed CV, certified copies of the degrees; work certificates, professional references and a photo ID to their application file and send it to the addresses mentioned in the Terms of Reference attached here.
The submission deadline is March 25, 2016, at 17:00 GMT.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted by UCLG Africa.