Webinar on the official launch of the actions and projects selected in the framework of the 1st call for projects related to the African Fund for International Decentralised Cooperation of Local Authorities (AFIDC)
The Ministry of Interior of the Kingdom of Morocco through the General Directorate of Territorial Communities organised on 18 June 2021 a webinar dedicated to the official launch of the actions and projects selected in the framework of the 1st call for projects related to the AFIDC, launched in 2020.
Around 80 participants representing African Local Authorities involved in this first call took part in this activity.
UCLG Africa took part in the work whose main objectives were to
- To inquire about the arrangements made by the partners for the implementation of the actions or projects selected, and on the other hand, to officially and solemnly launch the beginning of the implementation of the actions or projects selected under the 1st call for projects;
- Inform the partners of the consolidated results of the 1st call for projects;
- Communicate the practical arrangements for implementing the actions or projects selected within the deadlines initially set;
- Ensure that the partners undertake to respect their reciprocal partnership obligations;
- Assessing the risks that could hinder the smooth running of the partnership process.
As a reminder, fourteen African Territorial Communities will benefit from the actions or projects selected for 2020.
The main themes affected by these actions or projects are:
- Institutional strengthening of local authorities;
- Training and capacity building;
- Urban planning and land use planning;
- Environmental protection;
- The transfer of knowledge and know-how in the field of local authority management;
- Improvement of the quality of services provided to citizens.
The financial support of the African Fund to these actions or projects amounts to 16.27 million Dhs, that is 60% of the total amount.
The credits relating to this participation were effectively opened and transferred to the budgets of the Moroccan Territorial Communities during the month of February 2021.
Consult the presentation made by the African Academy of Local Authorities of UCLG Africa having obtained 16 Scholarships for the Executive Master in Cities Management, in partnership with Al Akhawayn University of Ifrane of Morocco here .