Following our statutory meetings held earlier in November in Marrakech, UCLG Africa is launching a call for applications for the position of Deputy Secretary General.
The position of Deputy Secretary General will be in charge of the administration and management of UCLG Africa.
The Deputy Secretary General must strive to achieve UCLG Africa’s goals and includes :
- •Promoting decentralization and the recognition of local governments as a level of governance that is endowed with legal personality and political and financial autonomy;
- •Strengthening the capacity of local governments to provide better services to the population, and support and train the national associations of local governments to better organize themselves to ensure an effective political dialogue with national governments, civil societies, the private sector, the development partners, and the international community on the implementation and evaluation of decentralization and cooperation policies;
- •Carrying the voice of local authorities of Africa and representing them on the Pan-African and international levels.
The detailed terms of reference for the position of Deputy Secretary General stating all the missions, key responsibilities, the desired profiles, the required level of education and professional experience, etc. is available here.
Please note that for the application to be taken into account, it must include the following:
1. A motivation letter stating the reasons for application and expected salary package;
2. Detailed Curriculum Vitae with photo;
3. Certified copies of the diplomas;
4. Work certificates and professional references.
General Secretariat of UCLG-Africa
22 Essaadyine Street, Rabat-Hassan, 10020, Morocco
Tel : +212 537 260 062/063; Fax: +212 537 260 060
Deadline for submitting the Applications: 27 January 2017 at 17:00 GMT