30 September 2013
Sofitel Hotel- Rabat, MOROCCO
The Executive Committee of United Cities and Local Governments of Africa (UCLG Africa) held its ninth ordinary session in the afternoon of 30 September 2013, in the Alba Maxima Hall of Sofitel, in Rabat, Morocco , under the chairmanship of Mr. Khalifa Sall, President of UCLG Africa. The ninth session was held on the eve of the official opening ceremony of the UCLG World Congress.
The proceedings of the ninth session began with the welcoming address by the President of UCLG Africa.
Several items were on the agenda of this session:
- Adoption of the report of the Executive Committee meeting in Brazzaville and Presentation of the implementation report of resolutions and recommendations of the Executive Committee of 20 February in Brazzaville;
- The activity report of the General Secretariat
- The Financial and audit reports
- The institutional development issues
- The items addressed under ‘Any other business’ were:
- Information on the proceedings of the Elective General Assembly of UCLG, during the Congress
- Highlights of the Congress
- Launching of the report on the conducive environment for the action of cities (Launching Ceremony scheduled to take place on Thursday 03 October 2013 at UCLG Africa Stand, Institutional Pavilion, Rabat 2013 Exhibition)
- Working lunch with Commissioner Piebalgs (scheduled to take place on Wednesday 02 October 2013)
- Memorandum of Understanding between AMCOD and UCLG-A (Signing scheduled to take place on Friday 04 October 2013 at UCLG Africa Stand, Institutional Pavilion, Rabat 2013 Hall)
- Memorandum of Understanding with Microsoft
The Executive Committee, after having heard and discussed each of these items on the agenda, drew up the summary of resolutions.