The LEDNA program has a Steering Committee comprised of five mayors representing each of the African sub-regions.
The Steering Committee
This is the governing and steering body of the program. It is representative of African local governments with five mayors, each representing one of the five African integration regions i.e. West Africa (Mali), Central Africa (Congo), East Africa (Tanzania), Southern Africa (Mozambique) and Northern Africa (Morocco) and is chaired by Mr. Mohamed Sadiki, the mayor of the City of Rabat (Morocco) and a member of the Executive Committee of UCLG Africa.
The Steering Committee meets once a year with a remit to:
- Steer and oversee LEDNA’s strategic priorities.
- Approve the annual work program as well as the annual budget
- Evaluate the work of the coordinator and team
- Manage relations with technical and financial partners
The Advisory Committee
The Advisory Committee is responsible for advising the Steering Committee and the LEDNA Coordinator on the management of the program. Its members are local experts and stakeholders involved in local economic development (LED) and decentralization.
Membership of the Advisory Committee is flexible and changes dependent on the issues being addressed by LEDNA and the various expertise of committee members. Membership does not incur a fee or entitlement to remuneration.
Its main tasks are to:
- Advise the Steering Committee.
- Coach the restricted team
- Promote LEDNA activities in their regions
- Conduct a critical analysis of options for implementation and monitoring; and facilitate monitoring and evaluation
- Manage the dissemination of program documents
- Support the development of program documents
LEDNA’s annual meetings are scheduled to take place alongside the annual meeting of the Steering Committee. Annual meetings review agenda items and issues with ensuing recommendations presented to the Steering Committee.
The Operational Team
This is a restricted team that has two main components: Permanent full-time staff that includes a coordinator and online facilitator; and part-time staff that includes LED and ICT experts and regional facilitators.