Rabat, Capital of African Culture and Culture in the Islamic World Hosts the 21st Annual Conference of the International Association of Schools and Institutes of Administration (IASIA) Under the High Patronage of HIS MAJESTY KING MOHAMMED VI – May Assist Him
The Conference will also be marked by the organization of a Moroccan Panel on “The New Development Model and Advanced Regionalization”
The Mohammed V University of Rabat, the Communal Council of the City of Rabat, the International Association of Schools and Institutes of Administration (AIEIA), the United Cities and Local Governments of Africa (UCLG Africa) and its African Local Government Academy (ALGA) are co-organizing the 21st Annual AIEIA Conference which will be held, for the first time in the Kingdom of Morocco, in the City of Rabat, from July 25 to 29, 2022, at the Faculty of Legal, Economic and Social Sciences of Agdal.
Organized under the Theme “The implementation and promotion of the Principles of Effective Governance, to leave no one and no place behind”, the IASIA Annual Conference will, on the one hand, highlight and discuss the 11 Principles of Effective Governance for Sustainable Development, designed by the members of the United Nations Committee of Experts on Public Administration (UN-CEPA), approved and adopted by the ECOSOC in 2018, and will allow, on the other hand, the anchoring of an Effective Governance based on the values and principles of non-discrimination, participation, subsidiarity and intergenerational equity, as a guarantee of the well-being of populations, the development of territories and the sustainability of future generations.
During 5 days, the discussions will focus on the three fundamental pillars of Effective Governance, namely Efficiency, Integrity and Inclusion, Principles aligned not only with the Global Agendas for Sustainable Development of 2030, but also with the African Union’s Agenda 2063, so as to leave no one, and no place behind.
Participants, representing the IASIA Community and Fraternity, political leaders, public administration decision-makers, practitioners, academics, PhD students and young researchers, as well as other actors and stakeholders from various disciplines and sectors from all over the world are expected (more than 65 countries).
The discussions will focus on the three fundamental pillars of Effective Governance, namely Efficiency, Integrity and Inclusion
The Conference Program will be marked by:
– Official opening and closing sessions;
– Sessions dedicated specifically to the general Theme of the Conference (called ConferenceTheme Track);
– Parallel Workshops and Panels on issues related to the General Theme of the Conference;
– The holding of the Sessions of the ten (10) IASIA Working Groups which represent the backbone and one of the innovations in the modes of governance of this Organization, marked by some 291 scientific contributions;
– A Seminar dedicated to students of the Doctoral Cycle and another for publication support;
– Elections for the renewal of the Members of the IASIA Board of Management;
– The IASIA Awards Ceremony;
– A Session to present the Reports of these different Sessions.
The Conference will also be marked by the organization of a Moroccan Panel on “The New Development Model and Advanced Regionalization” which will be led and animated by eminent Professors from the MOHAMMED V University of Rabat.
The 21st Conference is supported and sponsored in particular by:
– The Parliament of the Kingdom of Morocco, House of Representatives;
– The Ministry of Youth, Culture and Communication;
– The General Directorate of Territorial Communities (DGCT) of the Ministry of the Interior;
– The European Commission;
– The United Nations Department of Economic and Social Affairs (UN-DESA)/Division of Public Institutions and Digital Governance – New York;
– The Ecological Transition Agency (ADEME) of France;
– The University Della Svizzera Italiana (USI) of Switzerland.