From 2 to 5 September, a delegation of women mayors of the Network of the Locally Elected Women of Africa, section of Cameroon (REFELA-CAM) went to Libreville, Gabon, upon invitation of the city mayor, Mrs. OSSOUKA RAPONDA Rose Christiane.
The delegation was conducted by Mrs. KETCHA COURTES Célestine, mayor of Bangangte Municipality, Vice-president of REFELA/Central Africa and President of REFELA-Cameroon. The delegation included Mrs. AMOUGOU NOMA Régine, Vice-president of REFELA-CAM and mayor of Yaoundé 4e and Mrs. Bi-BONGWA Caroline, mayor of Bamenda 1er.
The official establishment of the REFELA-Gabon bureau was completed by Mrs. KETCHA COURTES Célestine in the presence of the Interior Minister of Gabon, the world President of women mayors and mayor of Paris, Mrs. Anne HIDALGO, members of International Association of Francophone Mayors (AIMF) as well as members of the European Union.
The REFELA-Gabon Bureau is composed of five Vice-presidents representing each a region of Africa and who elect the President of Network on the continental level. Besides, each Vice-president is in charge of the implementation of the network in her country and other countries of the region.
The network bureau established in Gabon comprises:
- •Assistant Statutory Auditor: Mrs. Bousiengui Elisabeth, Mayor of Mimongo;
- •Statutory Auditor: Mrs. Waveladjina Malali Séraphine, Mayor of Malinga;
- •Assistant Treasurer: Mrs. Itso Pault Mouwandji Stéphanie, Mayor of Koulamoutou;
- •Treasurer: Mrs. Mapangou Moucani Maïté, Mayor of Ndendé;
- •Assistant Secretary General: Mrs. Ankoubou Marie Sylvie, Mayor of Okondja;
- •Secretary General: Mrs. Boumba Louev Clotilde Chantal, Mayor of Gamba;
- •2nd Vice-president: Mrs. Mbagou Jeanne, Mayor Owendo;
- •1st Vice-president: Mrs. Biviga Boussougou Viviane, Mayor of Tchibanga;
- •President: Mrs. Ossouka Raponda Rose Christiane, Mayor of Libreville.