To allow more time for cities to prepare for the application, the deadlines of the third Guangzhou Award have been extended for one month respectively for all the steps of the application and selection process.
The latest dates and deadlines are indicated in the following timeline:
- ¬30 June 2016 : Registration deadline
- ¬31 August 2016 : Submission deadline
- ¬October 2016 : Technical Committee evaluation
- ¬October-November 2016 : Short-listed initiatives are notified of selection and may be requested to send additional supporting materials
- ¬6-8 December 2016 : Final selection by the Jury; the Guangzhou Award Ceremony
Furthermore, online registration and application on the Award’s website here are now open. Therefore, interested cities can either register online or download the forms available on the www.guangzhouaward.org and submit them to the Guangzhou Award secretariat before the deadline.
The Guangzhou International Award for Urban Innovation will reward cities and regions that have implemented innovative policies relating to social, economic or environmental innovations, governance and management, and technology. It is possible to submit a maximum of three initiatives under the same title, should they form a connecting, integrated policy project.
Winners of the Guangzhou International Award for Urban Innovation will receive the sum of $20,000. They will also be invited to several events linked to the award such as the Guangzhou International Conference on Urban Innovation and the exhibition.
For more information on submission requirements and the rules and procedures, you can refer to the Award’s website www.guangzhouaward.org
To register online, click here.