Register for the UN CSW67 Parallel event on gender justice
Four local government representative networks are joining forces at the 67th edition of the UN Commission on the Status of Women (CSW). United Cities and Local Governments of Africa (UCLG Africa) , PLATFORMA, the Council of European Municipalities and Regions (CEMR),and the Standing Committee for the Euro Mediterranean Partnership of Local and Regional Authorities (COPPEM) are organising the NGO CSW Parallel event “Cities forging the path to gender justice | Tools for equality in local life”.
The meeting is scheduled for March 6, 2023 in New York. It aims to allow local and regional representatives to explain how regional charters for gender equality are key to move from good intentions to effective and impactful change. It will also discuss synergies of actions to see how local and regional governments, in cooperation with civil society and other stakeholders, can propose innovative ways to implement gender equality agendas and achieve the ambitious targets of the SDG5 and all of the Sustainable Development Goals.
- Fatimetou Adbel Malick, President of the Nouakchott Region , President of UCLG Africa
- Silvia Baraldi, City Councillor in Legnago (Italy), Vice-Chair of CEMR Standing Committee for Equality
- Emil Broberg, Regional Councillor in Östergötland Region (Sweden)
- Hilda Maate Businge, Mayor of Hima Town (Uganda), Vice-President Young Elected Officials (YELO) of UCLG Africa
- Rohey Malick Lowe, Mayor of Banjul (Gambia), President of REFELA
- Claudia Schöning-Kalender, Chairwoman of the SPD in Mannheim-Wallstadt (Germany), Chair of CEMR Standing Committee for Equality
You can participate in person by registering on CSW NGO platform for on-site attendance, or online (pre-registration on Zoom)