UCLG Africa’s interventions for members’ development are aimed at supporting the decentralized process. We do this by:
- Promoting the benefits of decentralization through a series of communication channels including newsletters, campaigns and our own African Cities magazine.
- Carrying out needs assessments, including understanding local governments capacity to respond to African and Global Development Agendas
- Developing targeted support packages and encouraging peer learning
- Organizing, conducting or recommending appropriate interventions, including the piloting of innovative projects, seminars, workshops and training
- Strengthen the development of UCLG Africa networks starting with the network of locally elected women of Africa (REFELA) and the further development of professional networks Africa MAGNET, Africa FINET, Africa TECHNET